Sir, I am writing to offer my congratulations to all of the amazing Oxfordshire runners who made the London Marathon such a huge success.

I especially want to say a massive well done and thank you to the 133 brave runners who took part on behalf of Diabetes UK, the charity that cares for, connects with and campaigns on behalf of all people affected by diabetes.

Around 40,000 people completed the 26.2 mile course, running past some of the world’s most famous landmarks on the way, including Tower Bridge, Big Ben and the London Eye and Team Diabetes UK supporters were out in force to cheer their heroes to the finish line.

The money raised by our amazing marathon runners will go towards helping to make life better for the people living with diabetes in Oxfordshire as well as those who have Type 2 diabetes but don’t yet know it. Diabetes is a serious condition and if not managed properly it can lead to major complications such as amputation, heart disease and blindness.

If the runners from Team Diabetes UK have inspired you to take on a fundraising challenge of your own, whether running, cycling, swimming or walking, visit www.diabetes.org.uk/events to see how you can get involved and raise vital funds for this fantastic cause.

Jill Steaton
Regional Fundraising Manager
Diabetes UK South East Region