Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
New flood warning for River Thames
ANOTHER section of the River Thames has been listed as at risk of flooding.
The River Thames from Buscot Wick to Shifford had been taken off flood warning on Saturday but has now been put back on the Environment Agency’s list.
In full, the list is as follows:
- River Thames from Buscot Wick down to Shifford including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Lower Bampton area and Chimney area
- River Thames and tributaries at Sandford and Radley near Oxford
- River Thames in Abingdon
- River Thames from Days Lock down to South Stoke, including Dorchester-on-Thames and Overy, Shillingford, Benson, Wallingford, North Stoke and Moulsford
- River Thames at Culham
- River Thames and tributaries at Kennington near Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at New Botley, New and North Hinksey and Grandpont in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries in the Binsey, Osney and Osney Island areas in Oxford
- River Thame in the Dorchester and Overy areas
Flood warning means flooding is expected and immediate action is required.
In Oxford city the water has receded with Abingdon Road now completely dry and little flooding left in Ferry Hinksey Road.
But another 10mm of heavy rain is expected this morning, from about 10am, and the Environment Agency has warned residents to be alert for more flooding.