Burford bites back on Top Gear presenter James May + gallery of 12 pictures

Witney Gazette: Top Gear presenter James May takes his chances in Burford. Picture: Mark Hemsworth Top Gear presenter James May takes his chances in Burford. Picture: Mark Hemsworth

TOP Gear presenter James May once said he would carpet bomb Burford immediately if he ever got into power.

But the Cotswolds town got its revenge yesterday when his car broke down at the A40 roundabout.

The BBC presenter was filming for the new series of the motoring show – due to air next year – when the racing green Peugeot 304 embarrassingly came to a halt, pictured, and the AA had to be called. Mr May was seen carrying a car battery while a camera crew looked on.

A Top Gear spokeswoman said: “Viewers will have to tune in to find out what happens.”

  • Here's our gallery of shots
  1. Witney Gazette:
  2. Witney Gazette:
  3. Witney Gazette:
  4. Witney Gazette:
  5. Witney Gazette:
  6. Witney Gazette:
  7. Witney Gazette:
  8. Witney Gazette:
  9. Witney Gazette:
  10. Witney Gazette:
  11. Witney Gazette:
  12. Witney Gazette:

 

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:10pm Fri 9 May 14

Dilligaf2010 says...

I'm sure that number plate is illegal....
I'm sure that number plate is illegal.... Dilligaf2010
  • Score: -6

7:03am Sat 10 May 14

Steve31E says...

The deal with the 'Top Gear' style is they are all attempting to be 'idiots' - friendly likeable 'idiots' - but 'idiots' none the less
So saying idiotic things is part of the deal - all 3 come up with comments that one shouldn't pay too much attention to.
Enjoy the humourous facet of this - while tolerating the nonsense
The deal with the 'Top Gear' style is they are all attempting to be 'idiots' - friendly likeable 'idiots' - but 'idiots' none the less So saying idiotic things is part of the deal - all 3 come up with comments that one shouldn't pay too much attention to. Enjoy the humourous facet of this - while tolerating the nonsense Steve31E
  • Score: 8

9:20am Sat 10 May 14

Ross J says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
I'm sure that number plate is illegal....
No, it's not. For vehicles registered before 1 January 1973, white on black is the legal style.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: I'm sure that number plate is illegal....[/p][/quote]No, it's not. For vehicles registered before 1 January 1973, white on black is the legal style. Ross J
  • Score: 1

12:58pm Sat 10 May 14

Dilligaf2010 says...

Ross J wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
I'm sure that number plate is illegal....
No, it's not. For vehicles registered before 1 January 1973, white on black is the legal style.
My point exactly, the 'N' registration was August 1974 - July 1975, which as far as I can make out, is after 1st January 1973.
[quote][p][bold]Ross J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: I'm sure that number plate is illegal....[/p][/quote]No, it's not. For vehicles registered before 1 January 1973, white on black is the legal style.[/p][/quote]My point exactly, the 'N' registration was August 1974 - July 1975, which as far as I can make out, is after 1st January 1973. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 4

10:38pm Sun 11 May 14

snapperdownunder says...

When is the BBC going to pull the chain on these idiots? They are at least ten years past their use by date.
When is the BBC going to pull the chain on these idiots? They are at least ten years past their use by date. snapperdownunder
  • Score: -10

10:36am Thu 22 May 14

snert says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
Ross J wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
I'm sure that number plate is illegal....
No, it's not. For vehicles registered before 1 January 1973, white on black is the legal style.
My point exactly, the 'N' registration was August 1974 - July 1975, which as far as I can make out, is after 1st January 1973.
It might have been constructed before that date and registered after that date which means it is legal for it to have a plate like that.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ross J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: I'm sure that number plate is illegal....[/p][/quote]No, it's not. For vehicles registered before 1 January 1973, white on black is the legal style.[/p][/quote]My point exactly, the 'N' registration was August 1974 - July 1975, which as far as I can make out, is after 1st January 1973.[/p][/quote]It might have been constructed before that date and registered after that date which means it is legal for it to have a plate like that. snert
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree