Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Garden show is definitely 'on' say organisers
9:00am Wednesday 13th June 2012 in News
ORGANISERS of The Oxfordshire Garden Show are reminding members of the public that the event is still going ahead this weekend.
The show opens at Cornbury Park, Charlbury, at 9.30am on Friday and runs for three days. Hundreds of people are expected to attend.
Event spokesman Maddie Rustman said she wanted to make it clear the event was still going ahead after receiving phone calls from listeners to a radio station who heard an announcement suggesting the event had been cancelled.
Ms Rustman said: “People phoned to say they had heard about the cancellation on an Oxford radio show but they didn’t say which station it was and we haven’t been able to find out.
“But we just want to clarify that the event is still going ahead.
“We are excited for this brand new event to open this weekend with big names such as the Daily Mail Gardening Question Time panel attending.”
Tickets cost £7.50 on the day.
For further information, visit aztecevents.co.uk