Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Expansive plans for housing development
10:00am Wednesday 28th August 2013 in Letters
ir – Having read Keith Beckingham’s letter, “Carterton East home site is not a done deal” (Gazette, August 14), I feel I must put him right.
A few years ago, I had occasion to converse with a bailiff employed by the district council.
He told me in no uncertain terms that he had seen the plan at the council offices in Witney, and it all pointed to ‘quite extensive’ development to the east of Carterton, practically linking up with Witney.
Now this was a good eight years ago or so, and I’ve seen nothing since to persuade me otherwise.
Mr Beckingham said that he received council leader Barry Norton’s “personal assurance” that no decision had been made and the process would follow the correct procedures.
Let’s wait and see what happens in the end.
Christopher Watts, Butlers Drive, Carterton
Comments are closed on this article.