Jack Taylor said it was a “massive relief” to have his suspension from bowling lifted after passing an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) assessment, writes Ed Mezzetti.
The Gloucestershire spinner, from Chipping Norton, was banned last May after being reported for illegal bowling actions on two separate occasions within a 12-month period.
Since then the 22-year-old former Oxfordshire and Great & Little Tew player has undergone extensive remedial work on his action, supported by ex-England spinner Richard Dawson.
It was announced on Monday that Taylor had been given the all-clear following an ECB test.
He said: “I am massively pleased. It is a massive relief for me. The last ten months have been pretty up and down.
“Knowing that I had the test in front of me added to the pressure.
“Richard Dawson, who has worked with me for the last ten months has been an absolute rock. He put in so many hours with me.”
A statement read: “ECB today confirmed that Jack Taylor’s suspension from bowling for England and in competitive county cricket has been lifted with immediate effect.”
Taylor’s suspension came just as he established himself as Gloucestershire’s leading first-class spinner – and he can’t wait to get back playing for them.
He said: “Now I can concentrate on working hard in pre-season and hopefully doing enough to put my name back in for selection.”
Another incentive for Taylor is the chance to play alongside younger brother Matt, 19, who won his Gloucestershire county cap at the end of last season.
“That’s a big factor,” he said. “We had some one-day games together a couple of years ago, but it would be nice to play some first-class matches with him.”
Gloucestershire director of cricket John Bracewell said: “This is great news and a lot of credit must go to Jack himself for the dedication and determination he has shown throughout what must have been a very tough time in his life.
“Jack can now get on with his career.”