Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
RUGBY UNION: The numbers game
Chinnor were undone by a last-minute try as Shelford’s powerful pack came on strong. Here is the numbers' game. See Tuesday’s paper for full report.
National 2 South
Chinnor 20, Shelford 21
Chinnor player ratings
15. Sam Stoop 7 (mostly good on first start of season).
11. Leo Fielding 6 (quiet game)
13. Matt Goode 7 (ran well, but sin-binned for third match running)
12. Dan Barnes 6 (solid enough)
14. Joe Marston 8 (great finish for his try, always a threat)
10. Will Millett 7 (creative effort)
9. Frank Jones 7 (kept things moving)
1. Joe Winpenny 6 (tired late on)
2. Jamie Townsend 6 (better first half)
3. Joe Pickett 6 (enjoyed his try)
4. Andrew Tibbatts 7 (battling display)
5. Andrew Smith 8 (STAR MAN, relished the forward battle and shone in the lineout)
6. Adam Hastings 6 (reliable display)
7. Nick Harrison 7 (covered lots of ground)
8. Liam Gilbert 7 (some good moments)
16. Nathaniel Titchard-Jones 6 (brief cameo)
17. Tom Whelan 5 (sin-binned and under pressure in scrums)
18. Harry Betts 6 (got stuck in)
20. George Blewitt 6 (played his part)
Referee: Calum Howard (London) – 6 (never quite had control)
Entertainment rating: 8.
Highlight: The move for Joe Marston’s try.
Lowlight: Chinnor’s high penalty count.
Form guide: Chinnor’s season is at the crossroads.
Comments are closed on this article.