Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Slashing conviction satisfies star
Tommy Walsh and his wife Marie leaving Southwark Crown Court after Leanne Bloomfield was found guilty of attacking their daughter Natalie.
Ground Force star Tommy Walsh said he was "satisfied" justice has been done after a mother-of-two was convicted of slashing his daughter's neck at an upmarket nightclub.
Leanne Bloomfield, 28, denied using a shard of glass to slash Natalie Walsh, 22, upwards from her neck to her chin at Café De Paris near Leicester Square in central London.
But a jury found her guilty of wounding with intent following a four-day trial and seven and a half hours of deliberations at Southwark Crown Court.
After the verdict, Mr Walsh, who was in court with his wife and son, condemned the defendant's "laddish" behaviour during the assault on February 3.
The celebrity builder, who became famous in the BBC's gardening show Ground Force with Charlie Dimmock, said his daughter, who was not in court today, had undergone plastic surgery and therapy following the attack.
Speaking about the verdict, Mr Walsh said: "Pleased isn't the right word. Satisfied.
"There are no winners in this.
"The only winner is justice has been seen to be done.
"It was really tough but we are a really close knit family.
"We can move on. We've no interest in what happens from here."
Mr Walsh said Bloomfield "didn't appear remorseful or contrite" following the attack.
"She has two children. You should think about your behaviour before you go and behave drunkenly or laddishly," he added.
Mr Walsh said his daughter had achieved a first in her medicine degree at Kings University in central London despite deferring her final exams after the attack.
After the verdict was read out, Bloomfield, of Highwoods, in Colchester, Essex, turned to the jury and said: "I didn't do it", before breaking down in tears.
As she continued to protest her innocence, Judge Peter Susman QC told the defendant "please be quiet".
He adjourned sentencing to February 7, adding he had "no choice but to impose a prison sentence".
Turning to Bloomfield, Mr Susman said: "You will be granted bail until February 7.
"You must make arrangements for your children's welfare on the basis you are going to prison."
The court heard that Bloomfield had been previously cautioned by police in August 2004 for common assault after a fight with a woman in a street.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Will Richards, of the Metropolitan Police said: "Leanne Bloomfield's actions on February 3 2013 demonstrated a shocking disregard for the potentially life-threatening consequences of such a vicious attack.
"In fact, both Leanne Bloomfield and Natalie Walsh are, in my opinion, very lucky that the injuries sustained were not very much more serious.
"The text messages sent by Bloomfield in the hours following this incident reveal a disturbing level of pride and satisfaction in her violence. Bloomfield has refused to accept her guilt throughout and, as a result, Natalie has had to wait nearly a year for this result.
"Natalie is continuing to recover well from her physical injuries and I hope this conviction will help her to put the matter behind her."