Farage condemns protest threat

Witney Gazette: Nigel Farage has condemned the often violent nature of protests against him Nigel Farage has condemned the often violent nature of protests against him

Nigel Farage has claimed he needs bodyguards due to the threat of violence from anti-fascist organisations headed up by senior Labour figures.

The UK Independence Party leader suggested Labour figures who position themselves as anti-fascist are leading groups whose members violently protest at his public meetings.

Describing himself as a "free spirit" who cannot stand having protection, Mr Farage said the "taxpayer and trade union-funded" groups Unite Against Facism and Hope Not Hate are using force at Ukip events.

He told BBC One's Sunday Politics: "I can't stand it. I've always been a free spirit that's wandered around the place and done my own thing.

"I'm afraid that the level of threat has... sadly we have a couple of organisations out there headed up by senior Labour Party figures who purport to be against fascism and extremism who receive funding from the Department for Communities (& Local Government), who receive funding from the trade unions who have acted in a violent way more than once.

"Unite Against Facism and Hope Not Hate are taxpayer-funded, they are trade union-funded, and they are headed up by very senior Labour Party figures.

"I'm perfectly happy for them to come to my meetings and have an argument with me but it's not so much fun when they are banging me over the head with banners."

Meanwhile, the Ukip leader also claimed most over-70s in Britain are uncomfortable about homosexuality.

Mr Farage was defending Ukip's candidate for the upcoming Newark by-election Roger Helmer, who has been at the centre of a row over his alleged homophobia after suggesting some people find same-sex relationships "distasteful if not viscerally repugnant".

He told the programme: "When Roger grew up, and indeed when he was an adult, homosexuality was illegal in this country and he held that view for some period of time.

"And actually if we asked 70s and over in this country how they felt about it, most of them still feel uncomfortable.

"He has said the world has moved on, he now accepts there has been a big social change in Britain and he's relaxed about it."

Meanwhile, Energy Secretary Ed Davey described Mr Farage as "a friend of criminals" because Ukip's desire to leave the European Union would end successful cross-border co-operation on crime.

The Liberal Democrat Cabinet minister told LBC Radio 97.3 FM: " Nigel Farage - his position on the co-operation with European colleagues on crime - he is almost a friend of criminals.

"Because of the co-operation that we have with our European partners on tackling crime, with Europol, Eurojust, the European Arrest Warrant, we have been far more successful in the last few years in tackling some appalling criminals, the world's worst criminals - drug traffickers, human traffickers, murderers, rapists, paedophiles - the people who previously before this European co-operation on crime, they used to skip borders.

"They would leave Britain. They would go to Spain. Do you remember Costa Del Crime? Costa Del Crime - gone. Gone because of our co-operation with our other European countries.

"If you talk to Nigel Farage, do you know what he says? He says, 'well we have got Interpol'.

"Interpol is useless compared to Europol. I think Interpol has a place but it is more or less a fax machine that is for sharing information.

"But by the closer co-operation we have - speeding up extradition procedures for example, sharing intelligence - we are able to tackle these serious criminals. Ukip would put that at risk. Why?"

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:48pm Sun 11 May 14

Orwell's Ghost says...

Fascists suppress and shout down freedom of speech. Fascists use violence to intimidate political opponents. Fascists are intolerant of those who do not share their totalitarian ideology. how ironic then that the self-styled "anti-fascists" use precisely these tactics against anyone who isn't as extreme left as themselves. HNH and the UAF are the biggest hypocrites going, stop their taxpayer funding immediately..
Fascists suppress and shout down freedom of speech. Fascists use violence to intimidate political opponents. Fascists are intolerant of those who do not share their totalitarian ideology. how ironic then that the self-styled "anti-fascists" use precisely these tactics against anyone who isn't as extreme left as themselves. HNH and the UAF are the biggest hypocrites going, stop their taxpayer funding immediately.. Orwell's Ghost
  • Score: 21

1:19pm Sun 11 May 14

Excluded again says...

Like my dad used to say, there's a bloke who cam dish it out but can't take it. He has a go at people he disagrees with. Fair enough. But when some of it comes back his way he cries foul.
Like my dad used to say, there's a bloke who cam dish it out but can't take it. He has a go at people he disagrees with. Fair enough. But when some of it comes back his way he cries foul. Excluded again
  • Score: -20

2:13pm Sun 11 May 14

ProgressiveBournemouth says...

Fed up of being targeted by anti-fascist organisations? Stop acting like a fascist then. I'm sick of Farage's xenophobic hate-spreading, then playing the persecution card. Farage is the persecutor, not the targets of his disgusting prejudice.

Make note that Oswald Mosley used to say exactly the same sort of thing, but that shouldn't be surprising as Farage is the 21st century Oswald Mosley.
Fed up of being targeted by anti-fascist organisations? Stop acting like a fascist then. I'm sick of Farage's xenophobic hate-spreading, then playing the persecution card. Farage is the persecutor, not the targets of his disgusting prejudice. Make note that Oswald Mosley used to say exactly the same sort of thing, but that shouldn't be surprising as Farage is the 21st century Oswald Mosley. ProgressiveBournemouth
  • Score: -18

2:19pm Sun 11 May 14

Independentvoter says...

Excluded again...is right ! Don't dish it out if you can't take it. What would happen if there was a threat of war against Britain ? Farrage would be the first to run and hide...what a mouse !
Excluded again...is right ! Don't dish it out if you can't take it. What would happen if there was a threat of war against Britain ? Farrage would be the first to run and hide...what a mouse ! Independentvoter
  • Score: -18

2:43pm Sun 11 May 14

Katie Re-Registered says...

"When Roger grew up, and indeed when he was an adult, homosexuality was illegal in this country and he held that view for some period of time."

I disagree: I don't think Roger ever grew up and that might go some way to explaining why he's evidently so scared of gay people and gender equality.
"When Roger grew up, and indeed when he was an adult, homosexuality was illegal in this country and he held that view for some period of time." I disagree: I don't think Roger ever grew up and that might go some way to explaining why he's evidently so scared of gay people and gender equality. Katie Re-Registered
  • Score: -12

2:46pm Sun 11 May 14

Katie Re-Registered says...

ProgressiveBournemou
th
wrote:
Fed up of being targeted by anti-fascist organisations? Stop acting like a fascist then. I'm sick of Farage's xenophobic hate-spreading, then playing the persecution card. Farage is the persecutor, not the targets of his disgusting prejudice.

Make note that Oswald Mosley used to say exactly the same sort of thing, but that shouldn't be surprising as Farage is the 21st century Oswald Mosley.
Excellent point: Farang's words sound like just another 'excuse' for maintaining a paramilitary private army - which, by the way, is illegal under British law.
[quote][p][bold]ProgressiveBournemou th[/bold] wrote: Fed up of being targeted by anti-fascist organisations? Stop acting like a fascist then. I'm sick of Farage's xenophobic hate-spreading, then playing the persecution card. Farage is the persecutor, not the targets of his disgusting prejudice. Make note that Oswald Mosley used to say exactly the same sort of thing, but that shouldn't be surprising as Farage is the 21st century Oswald Mosley.[/p][/quote]Excellent point: Farang's words sound like just another 'excuse' for maintaining a paramilitary private army - which, by the way, is illegal under British law. Katie Re-Registered
  • Score: -7

2:57pm Sun 11 May 14

Magor says...

The far-left are like children,shout and throw things.Just ignore them.
The far-left are like children,shout and throw things.Just ignore them. Magor
  • Score: 9

3:26pm Sun 11 May 14

MrBenggo says...

My own area Labour party quote so called UKIP. policies which if were true,would be election suicide,they are just lies,and nothing more.
When lies are banded about you know you are worrying the other political parties,as a working class person,I should be voting Labour but look what Labour has done for the white working class and that is why I won't be voting for Labour.
My own area Labour party quote so called UKIP. policies which if were true,would be election suicide,they are just lies,and nothing more. When lies are banded about you know you are worrying the other political parties,as a working class person,I should be voting Labour but look what Labour has done for the white working class and that is why I won't be voting for Labour. MrBenggo
  • Score: 9

3:47pm Sun 11 May 14

Katie Re-Registered says...

Magor wrote:
The far-left are like children,shout and throw things.Just ignore them.
Aha...that must explain why an ex-KGB officer like Vladimir Putin has reacted so immaturely towards Conchita Wurst's Eurovision victory by throwing his rattle out of the pram then?:)
[quote][p][bold]Magor[/bold] wrote: The far-left are like children,shout and throw things.Just ignore them.[/p][/quote]Aha...that must explain why an ex-KGB officer like Vladimir Putin has reacted so immaturely towards Conchita Wurst's Eurovision victory by throwing his rattle out of the pram then?:) Katie Re-Registered
  • Score: -4

5:32pm Sun 11 May 14

RM says...

UAF are all for free speech & freedom of opinion - as long as it agrees with their viewpoint. If it doesn't it's 'fascist, or 'racist'.
UAF are all for free speech & freedom of opinion - as long as it agrees with their viewpoint. If it doesn't it's 'fascist, or 'racist'. RM
  • Score: 4

5:44pm Sun 11 May 14

HRH of Boscombe says...

ProgressiveBournemou
th
wrote:
Fed up of being targeted by anti-fascist organisations? Stop acting like a fascist then. I'm sick of Farage's xenophobic hate-spreading, then playing the persecution card. Farage is the persecutor, not the targets of his disgusting prejudice.

Make note that Oswald Mosley used to say exactly the same sort of thing, but that shouldn't be surprising as Farage is the 21st century Oswald Mosley.
Farage is a British hero.
.
Who else is doing anything about this European invasion?
.
In 50yrs he'll be as highly regarded as Churchill
[quote][p][bold]ProgressiveBournemou th[/bold] wrote: Fed up of being targeted by anti-fascist organisations? Stop acting like a fascist then. I'm sick of Farage's xenophobic hate-spreading, then playing the persecution card. Farage is the persecutor, not the targets of his disgusting prejudice. Make note that Oswald Mosley used to say exactly the same sort of thing, but that shouldn't be surprising as Farage is the 21st century Oswald Mosley.[/p][/quote]Farage is a British hero. . Who else is doing anything about this European invasion? . In 50yrs he'll be as highly regarded as Churchill HRH of Boscombe
  • Score: 5

5:51pm Sun 11 May 14

Independentvoter says...

Is he going to make all the millions of British people who live and work abroad return back home to Britain from sunny Spain, Austrailia, Canada, Cyprus etc etc etc or can us British live anywhere but no-one can move here to work ???
Is he going to make all the millions of British people who live and work abroad return back home to Britain from sunny Spain, Austrailia, Canada, Cyprus etc etc etc or can us British live anywhere but no-one can move here to work ??? Independentvoter
  • Score: 2

6:24pm Sun 11 May 14

welshmen says...

The UAF, are the Nazi Fascist, they don't preach what's on the lid....

They are also sympathetic to the Muslim terrorist cause, one of their guest speakers at a UAF meeting outside Harrow mosque in London was Michael Adebolajo who was filmed encouraging 1,500 followers to turn against Britain in a hate-filled rant on the anniversary of 9/11.

Michael Adebolajo was of course one of the Muslim animals that ritually slaughtered hero Drummer Lee Rigby on the streets of our Capital city on 22nd of May last year, which coincidently falls this year on the day of the euro elections.

They certainly have a nerve setting up stall at a mosque in Manchester, which is of course Lee Rigby’s home city.

These anti British, pro Islamic wasters must be too stupid to realise that if they succeed in bringing Islamists to power in our country which they are hell bent on doing, then they would be the first people that hard line Muslim fanatics would want to get rid of.

They have already held one event on Saturday 10th May when they were helped to distribute their lies by members of the NUT teachers' union and Unite union, this is worrying because it means that left wing extremists are being allowed to teach and indoctrinate our children.What is surprising though, is that this bunch of criminal degenerates have friends in very high places, David Cameron, Ed Miliband, Nick Clegg and many more members of parliament are founder signatories to their cause.

Of course these members of parliament are using this group in an attempt to destroy UKIP and any genuine opposition to their twisted multi-cultural experiment, they are in effect their secret army.

A warning to anyone that feels the need to phone Mike Killian their Marxist leader and go to see these misfits in action, take plenty of deodorant, lashings of flea powder and keep your distance, they are not known as the ‘great unwashed’ for nothing....Vote UKIP get rid of the UAF....
The UAF, are the Nazi Fascist, they don't preach what's on the lid.... They are also sympathetic to the Muslim terrorist cause, one of their guest speakers at a UAF meeting outside Harrow mosque in London was Michael Adebolajo who was filmed encouraging 1,500 followers to turn against Britain in a hate-filled rant on the anniversary of 9/11. Michael Adebolajo was of course one of the Muslim animals that ritually slaughtered hero Drummer Lee Rigby on the streets of our Capital city on 22nd of May last year, which coincidently falls this year on the day of the euro elections. They certainly have a nerve setting up stall at a mosque in Manchester, which is of course Lee Rigby’s home city. These anti British, pro Islamic wasters must be too stupid to realise that if they succeed in bringing Islamists to power in our country which they are hell bent on doing, then they would be the first people that hard line Muslim fanatics would want to get rid of. They have already held one event on Saturday 10th May when they were helped to distribute their lies by members of the NUT teachers' union and Unite union, this is worrying because it means that left wing extremists are being allowed to teach and indoctrinate our children.What is surprising though, is that this bunch of criminal degenerates have friends in very high places, David Cameron, Ed Miliband, Nick Clegg and many more members of parliament are founder signatories to their cause. Of course these members of parliament are using this group in an attempt to destroy UKIP and any genuine opposition to their twisted multi-cultural experiment, they are in effect their secret army. A warning to anyone that feels the need to phone Mike Killian their Marxist leader and go to see these misfits in action, take plenty of deodorant, lashings of flea powder and keep your distance, they are not known as the ‘great unwashed’ for nothing....Vote UKIP get rid of the UAF.... welshmen
  • Score: -1

6:26pm Sun 11 May 14

AMVanquish007 says...

Those of you who are against Nigel Farage are going to have a short sharp shock after May 22. Many disgruntled Conservative, Labour and Liberal supporters will be voting for him and UKIP on that date. The quiet elector who sits on the fence is also going to vote for him too because they have had their fill of a european parliament that passes laws and taxes that reduce our sovereignty and that allows and enforces our country without controls to take immigrants at the rate of 4000 a week creating huge pressures on our welfare system, housing, national health service, social services and education.If we pulled out the saving of £58 billion a year would certainly help our economy too.
If anybody thinks Mercedes,BMW Audi and others arent going to trade with us if we pulled out, they are in cloud cuckooland
i voted to go into Europe in the 70's but i certainly did not vote for a federal Europe where we have almost sold ourselves down the pan.
Hard though it is to accept, in the 2015 general election, UKIP might well become the third party and consign the Lib Dems to the scrap heap-you just have to look at the Eastleigh by election last year
Of course labour party officials are worried sick Mr Farage might hold the balance of power in a future coalition,and he certainly will get us the referendum that has been continually denied the general public for years.
You just go into any pub and listen to the conversations and hear the support Farage has. Its because he talks sense and explains it so everyone understands
HNH and UAF may try to hinder and harass him --but the huge support Farage has, comes nowhere near that of these 2 rabid organisations who claim to protect us but who are in fact a disgrace to democracy and the labour party officials supporting them who are probably nothing more than communists in waiting.
Finally the beauty of it all is--- is the continual getting at of Nigel Farage and UKIP by certain sections of the media. Its only going to have the complete opposite with thousands voting for him in the Euro Elections
I personally think hes got it sewn up on May 22
Those of you who are against Nigel Farage are going to have a short sharp shock after May 22. Many disgruntled Conservative, Labour and Liberal supporters will be voting for him and UKIP on that date. The quiet elector who sits on the fence is also going to vote for him too because they have had their fill of a european parliament that passes laws and taxes that reduce our sovereignty and that allows and enforces our country without controls to take immigrants at the rate of 4000 a week creating huge pressures on our welfare system, housing, national health service, social services and education.If we pulled out the saving of £58 billion a year would certainly help our economy too. If anybody thinks Mercedes,BMW Audi and others arent going to trade with us if we pulled out, they are in cloud cuckooland i voted to go into Europe in the 70's but i certainly did not vote for a federal Europe where we have almost sold ourselves down the pan. Hard though it is to accept, in the 2015 general election, UKIP might well become the third party and consign the Lib Dems to the scrap heap-you just have to look at the Eastleigh by election last year Of course labour party officials are worried sick Mr Farage might hold the balance of power in a future coalition,and he certainly will get us the referendum that has been continually denied the general public for years. You just go into any pub and listen to the conversations and hear the support Farage has. Its because he talks sense and explains it so everyone understands HNH and UAF may try to hinder and harass him --but the huge support Farage has, comes nowhere near that of these 2 rabid organisations who claim to protect us but who are in fact a disgrace to democracy and the labour party officials supporting them who are probably nothing more than communists in waiting. Finally the beauty of it all is--- is the continual getting at of Nigel Farage and UKIP by certain sections of the media. Its only going to have the complete opposite with thousands voting for him in the Euro Elections I personally think hes got it sewn up on May 22 AMVanquish007
  • Score: 3

10:51pm Sun 11 May 14

Voice of Reason & U Know It says...

Nigel Farage is having his 5 minutes of fame. Irrespective of his own purported beliefs and purported sincerity, he and his party act as magnets to the small minded, the racists and the bigots.

UKIP's five minutes of fame is reminiscent of the National Front's brief glimmer in their rise and fall in the 70's. The British public as a whole were too sensible then and are too sensible now to fall for this xenophobic rubbish dressed up as politics.

OK a protest vote is a protest vote but no one in their right mind would allow this joker Farage and the miscellany of misfits who follow him any actual power to shape Government policy.

UKIP are nothing more than a momentary diversion and not half as much fun as the Monster Raving Loony Party who incidentally had better and more coherent policies than UKIP
Nigel Farage is having his 5 minutes of fame. Irrespective of his own purported beliefs and purported sincerity, he and his party act as magnets to the small minded, the racists and the bigots. UKIP's five minutes of fame is reminiscent of the National Front's brief glimmer in their rise and fall in the 70's. The British public as a whole were too sensible then and are too sensible now to fall for this xenophobic rubbish dressed up as politics. OK a protest vote is a protest vote but no one in their right mind would allow this joker Farage and the miscellany of misfits who follow him any actual power to shape Government policy. UKIP are nothing more than a momentary diversion and not half as much fun as the Monster Raving Loony Party who incidentally had better and more coherent policies than UKIP Voice of Reason & U Know It
  • Score: 0

2:09am Mon 12 May 14

AMVanquish007 says...

Well 'Voice of Reason' - I know plenty of reasonable people who are not small minded, are not racist and are not bigots and who intend to vote for Nigel Farage not only at the Euro but also at the General Election.
Theyve had their fill of politicians not listening to them.
5 minutes of fame? Wasted Vote? I think not!
Eastleigh By election last year Lib Dems 13342-UKIP 11571 Cons 10559 Monster RL Party 136 - Hardly a flash in the pan
Also UKIP have hundreds of councillors across the country and gained 147 seats in last years local elections involving 35 councils
UKIPs popularity has been rising year on year and even if it is almost about to get its first MPs next year -the 3 other parties will have to do a lot of serious thinking.
Dont forget, If the Greens can do it in Brighton.......!!!
Well 'Voice of Reason' - I know plenty of reasonable people who are not small minded, are not racist and are not bigots and who intend to vote for Nigel Farage not only at the Euro but also at the General Election. Theyve had their fill of politicians not listening to them. 5 minutes of fame? Wasted Vote? I think not! Eastleigh By election last year Lib Dems 13342-UKIP 11571 Cons 10559 Monster RL Party 136 - Hardly a flash in the pan Also UKIP have hundreds of councillors across the country and gained 147 seats in last years local elections involving 35 councils UKIPs popularity has been rising year on year and even if it is almost about to get its first MPs next year -the 3 other parties will have to do a lot of serious thinking. Dont forget, If the Greens can do it in Brighton.......!!! AMVanquish007
  • Score: 0

11:34am Mon 12 May 14

welshmen says...

Independentvoter wrote:
Is he going to make all the millions of British people who live and work abroad return back home to Britain from sunny Spain, Austrailia, Canada, Cyprus etc etc etc or can us British live anywhere but no-one can move here to work ???
I think you have that very wrong, our X pat's PAY their way, where ever they work or retire, they are very welcome in these Countries because they contribute to the Countries economy unlike the EU immigrants we get, at this present time there are 640,000 EU immigrants claiming JSA, no figures on the third would immigrants or Asylum seekers, Migration watch's Report on immigration has concluded that the UK has lost £148 Billion since 1995 on Immigrants coming here to settle.

150 thousand of the lowest paid EU immigrants that have a Job only contribute a £1.00 a week, while also claiming for their children's Child benefit in their own country, the EU has a potential 485 million people that can come here if Turkey get in the EU there are another 70 million Muslims that will be able to come here, the quicker we are out of the EU the Better for the British Native RACE & CULTURE....We have a god given right to be the Majority in our own Country
[quote][p][bold]Independentvoter[/bold] wrote: Is he going to make all the millions of British people who live and work abroad return back home to Britain from sunny Spain, Austrailia, Canada, Cyprus etc etc etc or can us British live anywhere but no-one can move here to work ???[/p][/quote]I think you have that very wrong, our X pat's PAY their way, where ever they work or retire, they are very welcome in these Countries because they contribute to the Countries economy unlike the EU immigrants we get, at this present time there are 640,000 EU immigrants claiming JSA, no figures on the third would immigrants or Asylum seekers, Migration watch's Report on immigration has concluded that the UK has lost £148 Billion since 1995 on Immigrants coming here to settle. 150 thousand of the lowest paid EU immigrants that have a Job only contribute a £1.00 a week, while also claiming for their children's Child benefit in their own country, the EU has a potential 485 million people that can come here if Turkey get in the EU there are another 70 million Muslims that will be able to come here, the quicker we are out of the EU the Better for the British Native RACE & CULTURE....We have a god given right to be the Majority in our own Country welshmen
  • Score: 1

4:41pm Mon 12 May 14

RealLivin says...

Oxford Dictionary xenophobic, the "Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries", fair enough, but whats xenophobic about not being able to get your kids into your local school because they have been told to give priority to immigrants, their budget is under strain as they now have to employ translators not teachers due to the immigrants not speaking English, you cant get a council house because priority is to immigrants. Other courtiers have a "controlled immigration" policy this is what we need and this is NOT xenophobic as is a rational course of action based on the fact that the UK does not have enough real jobs with real wages to support its own population let a loan an open doors, "heres your house and a blank cheque" policy. We need immigrants, qualified and hard working, we have enough fat, lazy no intention of working english born bums livin on benefits, if only we could send these way as well.

The real issue is outsiders coming in and taking from yourselves or your community and not giving back, at on time travelers/immigrants were welcome as the bought something to the community but today, when you cant speak English, you have no job, no place to live and no money the only thing you can do is take from others as you have nothing to give and we have enough of those UK born and breed.
Oxford Dictionary xenophobic, the "Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries", fair enough, but whats xenophobic about not being able to get your kids into your local school because they have been told to give priority to immigrants, their budget is under strain as they now have to employ translators not teachers due to the immigrants not speaking English, you cant get a council house because priority is to immigrants. Other courtiers have a "controlled immigration" policy this is what we need and this is NOT xenophobic as is a rational course of action based on the fact that the UK does not have enough real jobs with real wages to support its own population let a loan an open doors, "heres your house and a blank cheque" policy. We need immigrants, qualified and hard working, we have enough fat, lazy no intention of working english born bums livin on benefits, if only we could send these way as well. The real issue is outsiders coming in and taking from yourselves or your community and not giving back, at on time travelers/immigrants were welcome as the bought something to the community but today, when you cant speak English, you have no job, no place to live and no money the only thing you can do is take from others as you have nothing to give and we have enough of those UK born and breed. RealLivin
  • Score: -1

7:08pm Mon 12 May 14

welshmen says...

The British National Party will stop all immigration and send most back, get us out of the EU no referendum just OUT, stop all foreign aid until this Country is fully back on it's feet, bring our forces home from war's that don't concern us, priority for housing schools to British Natives first not everybody else from anywhere, can't speak English you wont be allowed to apply to be an immigrant, send all foreign criminals after sentence back to their home land, "Work fare" unemployed will have to help in........

Originally, benefits were meant as the state’s obligation to support those who genuinely are not in a position to support themselves. This guiding principle must always remain the guiding light for a just and humane system – and it is the core of the British National Party’s welfare policy.

However, decades of Labour and Tory socialist state-induced welfare dependency has utterly distorted this noble ideal. Well-meaning welfare programmes have been exploited, distorted and twisted to become nothing more than a free handout to scroungers, foreign and local. This has in turn created a welfare dependency culture which has led to in excess of six million people living in homes where no one has a job and where benefits are a way of life.

Not only does this cost the taxpayer in excess of £13 billion per year, but it also has a hugely damaging effect upon the psychology of a nation which once led the world in productivity, technological innovation and which gave birth to the Industrial Revolution. This dire situation must be reversed – urgently.

Only the British National Party has the plan to reverse these decades of disastrous Labour and Tory social engineering programmes – through a sensible policy of workfare, not welfare.

The principle is simple: those who receive community support incur obligations as well. People who genuinely want to work must be provided with the opportunity to do so in return for training which will put them back into proper full-time employment.

In return for financial support and training for a new career, the benefit recipient must complete a certain number of hours of work per week. Properly implemented, this policy will undermine the benefit dependency culture and bring masses of unemployed back into the formal employment sector.

Ultimately there must be only one category of welfare recipient: those who genuinely deserve or have earned it. The scrounger entitlement mentality must be discarded. Those who can work but refuse to do so, must face the consequences of their actions on their own.

The success of the “workfare not welfare” policy has been proven: these programmes already exist in Australia, America and even in India. Britain has to get back to work: and workfare provides the only path through which this aim will be achieved.

It is equally important that the burden of foreign scroungers be dealt with vigorously. Britain has become a land where foreigners come first and decent, hard-working Britons are exploited. Immigrants come here and are immediately given council homes while Britons are pushed further and further back in the queue, the British voter is not brave enough to vote this party into power, the British people have to suffer more for them to adapt the British National Parties policy on "Workfare"
The British National Party will stop all immigration and send most back, get us out of the EU no referendum just OUT, stop all foreign aid until this Country is fully back on it's feet, bring our forces home from war's that don't concern us, priority for housing schools to British Natives first not everybody else from anywhere, can't speak English you wont be allowed to apply to be an immigrant, send all foreign criminals after sentence back to their home land, "Work fare" unemployed will have to help in........ Originally, benefits were meant as the state’s obligation to support those who genuinely are not in a position to support themselves. This guiding principle must always remain the guiding light for a just and humane system – and it is the core of the British National Party’s welfare policy. However, decades of Labour and Tory socialist state-induced welfare dependency has utterly distorted this noble ideal. Well-meaning welfare programmes have been exploited, distorted and twisted to become nothing more than a free handout to scroungers, foreign and local. This has in turn created a welfare dependency culture which has led to in excess of six million people living in homes where no one has a job and where benefits are a way of life. Not only does this cost the taxpayer in excess of £13 billion per year, but it also has a hugely damaging effect upon the psychology of a nation which once led the world in productivity, technological innovation and which gave birth to the Industrial Revolution. This dire situation must be reversed – urgently. Only the British National Party has the plan to reverse these decades of disastrous Labour and Tory social engineering programmes – through a sensible policy of workfare, not welfare. The principle is simple: those who receive community support incur obligations as well. People who genuinely want to work must be provided with the opportunity to do so in return for training which will put them back into proper full-time employment. In return for financial support and training for a new career, the benefit recipient must complete a certain number of hours of work per week. Properly implemented, this policy will undermine the benefit dependency culture and bring masses of unemployed back into the formal employment sector. Ultimately there must be only one category of welfare recipient: those who genuinely deserve or have earned it. The scrounger entitlement mentality must be discarded. Those who can work but refuse to do so, must face the consequences of their actions on their own. The success of the “workfare not welfare” policy has been proven: these programmes already exist in Australia, America and even in India. Britain has to get back to work: and workfare provides the only path through which this aim will be achieved. It is equally important that the burden of foreign scroungers be dealt with vigorously. Britain has become a land where foreigners come first and decent, hard-working Britons are exploited. Immigrants come here and are immediately given council homes while Britons are pushed further and further back in the queue, the British voter is not brave enough to vote this party into power, the British people have to suffer more for them to adapt the British National Parties policy on "Workfare" welshmen
  • Score: -1

7:12pm Mon 12 May 14

Voice of Reason & U Know It says...

Your posts prove my point. UKIP is a magnet for small minded racist bigots. QED
Your posts prove my point. UKIP is a magnet for small minded racist bigots. QED Voice of Reason & U Know It
  • Score: 0

9:53am Tue 13 May 14

MrBenggo says...

Voice of Reason & U Know It wrote:
Your posts prove my point. UKIP is a magnet for small minded racist bigots. QED
I often wonder what the opinions of people like the above would be if the press and tv. promoted UKIP as the arrival of the next Messiah.
[quote][p][bold]Voice of Reason & U Know It[/bold] wrote: Your posts prove my point. UKIP is a magnet for small minded racist bigots. QED[/p][/quote]I often wonder what the opinions of people like the above would be if the press and tv. promoted UKIP as the arrival of the next Messiah. MrBenggo
  • Score: 0
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree