KARL Robinson intends to contest his charge from the Football Association and says it will not change his style.

The Oxford United head coach allegedly breached the rules in his conduct towards referee Craig Hicks after the final whistle on Saturday.

He has until today to respond, ahead of a hearing.

Robinson admits swearing at the official, but believes video footage of the incident does not cross the line.

He said: “I’ve been done for aggressive behaviour at the end of the game.

“I said to the referee ‘make sure you’re bleeping ready in 30 minutes, because I thought your performance was a shambles’.

Also read: Oxford United boss Karl Robinson suggests unofficial 'Jim Smith Stand'

“When you see the video I shook his hand and walked away.

“To be honest when I walked away I patted myself on the back, I thought I was really good.

“At some stage somebody has to stand up to this, because they can’t just click their fingers and say ‘you’ve sworn here’.

“Well, referees swear. I apologise for my language – I only ever swear when my mum’s not at the game.”

He added: “It’s laughable. I went and spoke to the referee for 40 minutes. We spoke about his performance, the way the game was played out.”

If the charge is upheld Robinson thinks it could lead to a touchline ban, possibly even starting in time for Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final with Manchester City.

Also read: James Henry has chance of making Oxford United squad this weekend

But whatever the outcome, the U’s boss insists it will not have an impact.

He said: “I will never, ever let a fine or a touchline ban stop me caring for the team I manage.

“We had a foreign manager here last season who was ten times worse, but he did it in a foreign language and nothing happened.

“When an English manager does it, we’ve lost our head, but when somebody else does it from the continent it’s passion.

“I will walk away from the game the day I don’t care anymore.”

Elsewhere, Robinson has received some overdue good news on the fitness front.

James Henry could be back in training today after his thigh injury proved to be minor.

It would put him in the frame for tomorrow’s trip to Milton Keynes Dons, but it is likely to come too soon for Cameron Brannagan and Shandon Baptiste.

  • THE draw for the Manchester City competition has been made.

The following have won a pair of tickets to next week’s Carabao Cup quarter-final: S Casey (Oxford), P Wiggins (Wolvercote), J Fletcher (Oxford), C Harwood (Wolvercote).