GARSINGTON & Cowley stayed clear at the top of Airey Cup Group 1 as they posted a thrilling seven-run victory over East & West Hendred on Saturday.

Batting first, hosts Garsington set 208-9 as Amin Rafiq and Uzair Ahmed both struck 51, while Jon Francis took 4-12 for Hendred.

Francis then top-scored with 44 in Hendred’s reply, and with Reuben Barksfield (40) and Jack Mulford (33) also on song, the visitors got close, but finished agonisingly short on 201-7.

Witney Swifts returned to form with a comfortable seven-wicket victory at Wolvercote.

Robert Godwin (3-10) and Max Godwin (3-25) combined to restrict Wolvercote to 131 all out, before Ashley Horne hit 63 not out to lead Swifts home at 135-3.

Tetsworth eased past hosts Watlington by 113 runs.

Vimal Narendar (87) and Kamlesh Ukarda (66) helped the visitors to a formidable 257 all out and then Himashu Raval claimed 5-23 in his eight overs as Watlington were dismissed for 144.

Stonesfield made hard work of a small run chase before edging out Faringdon by three wickets.

Sam Hibberd (3-21) and Tom Gubbins (3-28) helped to bowl visitors Faringdon out for just 114.

Stonesfield struggled in their reply, slumping from 51-2 to 72-6 as leg-spinner Will Oglesby took 3-27.

But Mark Hatton (30) held things together as the hosts edged home at 117-7.

Hanborough saw off Clifton Hampden by 27 runs after setting 179-9 in their 40 overs.

Combe top Group 2 after a comprehensive 135-run victory over Wootton & Boars Hill.

Chris Moore (62) and Robbie Nicholson (50) helped Combe to 201-4 in their 40 overs.

Wootton had no answer to Julian Chaundy (4-7) as they crashed to 66 all out in reply.

Ollie Wellstood took 5-3 in five overs to help Hook Norton to a nine-wicket win over Stanton Harcourt.

Stanton were shot out for just 77 and Hooky eased home at 80-1.

Marsh Gibbon posted a routine eight-wicket win over Cairns Fudge.

Carl Needham (4-5) and Nathan Callow (3-58) reduced Fudge to 147 all out, before Philip Webb (67no) and the in-form Joe Leonard (45) saw Gibbon to 148-2.

Oxenford squeezed past Middleton Cheney by two wickets in a low-scoring clash.

After dismissing their hosts for just 92, Oxenford edged in at 94-8.

Westcott’s Mark Strong returned figures of 4-5 to help his side to a four-wicket win at Chipping Norton.

Witney Swifts 2nd made it five Telegraph Cup wins from five as they eased past visitors Freeland by 70 runs.

The away side inserted Swifts on winning the toss, and restricted their hosts to 133-7, Marc Jordon taking 3-40.

But Freeland struggled in their reply, falling to 63 all out as Ben Horne took 3-10.

Risinghurst lost for the first time, falling to a 23-run defeat at Brill.

The hosts set 148-9, Guy Wilson hitting 46 and Martin Kalyan taking 4-26.

Kalyan then top-scored with 42 not out, but with Adam Krol taking 3-10, Risinghurst were restricted to 125-9.

Three wickets apiece for James Morgan and Phil Russell helped Broughton & North Newington to a two-wicket win at Deddington.

In Group 2, Tetsworth 2nd stayed top of the pile after they beat visitors Sunningwell by 97 runs.

Aaron Huish (62) and Richard Williams (44no) helped Tetsworth to 251-9 in their 40 overs, Pete Whinfrey taking 4-23 for the visitors.

Dom Whinfrey then hit 46 in Sunningwell’s reply, but they were all out for 154 as Paul McKay took 3-41.

Oxenford 2nd kept up the pressure, beating Steventon by three wickets in a tight contest.

Sanjay Rathee claimed 4-15 as Steventon set 158-9, Joe Bennett chipping in with 41.

Tim Hamp then scored 65 not out in Oxenford’s reply, leading them home at 159-7 with 11 balls to spare.

Ollie Deans smashed an excellent unbeaten century for Marcham as they beat hosts West Ilsley by 26 runs.

Deans finished on 124 not out in Marcham’s 214-9 and then Ollie Armstrong (4-16) and Freddie Deans (3-34) combined to dismiss Ilsley for 188, despite 54 from Alex Dibble.

Adrian Redhead’s unbeaten

half-century saw Dorchester to an eight-wicket win at home to Wantage.

Wantage were dismissed for just 97, before Redhead (55no) and Steve McComb (34) led Dorchester to 101-2.

Steve Dixon Cup leaders East & West Hendred 2nd fell to their second successive defeat as challengers Letcombe closed the gap to three points with a four-wicket win.

Andy Broadbent’s battling 74 helped Hendred to 155 all out, Alex Simms taking 4-30.

David Buckle hit 32 as Letcombe reached 156-6.

Irfan Shah claimed 5-17 to help Wolvercote 3rd to a

seven-wicket win at Risinghurst 2nd.

The hosts were shot out for 106 and then Chris Potter (47) and Toby Springings (36no) led Wolvercote to 107-3.

Chesterton were too strong for hosts Steventon 2nd, who lost by 125 runs.

Lee Price top-scored with 69 not out in Chesterton’s 192-7, before Garry Appleton claimed 4-17 and Daren Trinder 3-17 as Steventon fell to 67 all out.

Watlington 2nd eased past Uffington by nine wickets.

After dismissing Uffington for 132, Watlington eased to 133-1 as Mark Taylor hit 57 not out and Tynan Crockett 54 not out.

In the Osberton Radiators Cup, Stonesfield 2nd maintained their 100 per cent record, cruising to a seven-wicket victory against host Golden Sparrows.

The home side were bowled out for 101 before Ben Hayes struck 46 not out to lead Stonesfield to 105-3.

Chipping Norton 2nd hammered Sunningwell 2nd by 179 runs.

Ian Widdows (53no), Nathan Wallington (50), Slamat Sami (46no) and Jake Brown (44) led Chippy to a formidable 253-3 in their 40 overs.

Sunningwell got nowhere near, falling to 74 all out as Rik Yapp took 3-8.