DIDCOT Town secured an injury-time victory for the second time in a week to earn a dramatic 2-1 victory over Kempston Rovers.

Brett Gardner scored in the fifth minute of stoppage time to bag a superb comeback success, after Cameron McNeill had levelled two minutes from the end of normal time.

The result gave Didcot a third win in a row as they closeed in on the Evo-Stik South League Division 1 Central play-off places.

Kempston took the lead at the end of the first half when Aaron King latched on to a long ball and lifted it over the advancing Leigh Bedwell.

Didcot pushed forward after the break, but did not get the reward their play deserved until the 88th minute when Greg Hackett squared for Cameron McNeill to fire home.

With the game deep into injury time, Didcot snatched a priceless three points in the 95th minute when Sam Barder’s ball across goal allowed Gardner to tap in at the far post.

Basement club Kidlington made it back-to-back victories with a 2-0 home success over Cambridge City.

The win moves Julian McCalmon’s side level on points with North Leigh and just one victory from climbing out of the bottom two for the first time this season.

Kidlington went ahead in the 13th minute when Nick Thorne raced away down the right flank before crossing for Anaclet Odhiambo to score.

They doubled their lead two minutes later with the roles reversed.

Declan Benjamin’s cross was headed by Odhiambo into the path of Thorne, who smashed home.

Odhiambo had a goal controversially disallowed in the 24th minute, when it appeared the striker was flagged offside from a throw-in.

Cambridge piled on the pressure after the break,the turning point of the game coming when home goalkeeper Sam Warrell produced a superb one-handed save to deny the visitors a goal in the 69th minute.

Kidlington: Warrell, Tooke, Castle, Bernasconi, Franklin, Willoughby, Benjamin (Organ 90+2), Osborne-Ricketts, Odhiambo, Janes (Stanbridge 66), Thorne (Williams 77).

Lynton Goss was the Thame United hero, hitting a hat-trick in their 3-0 derby victory over Aylesbury.

The striker opened the scoring after 20 minutes and doubled the lead at the start of the second half from the penalty spot.

Goss completed his hat-trick two minutes later and Thame comfortably saw out the remainder of the game for an emphatic victory which saw them move to the brink of the play-off places.

North Leigh had a day to forget at Welwyn Garden City.

The Millers slipped to a 3-0 defeat and saw top scorer George Seacole limp off after just 12 minutes.

Stuart Zanone fires the hosts ahead after just six minutes, but despite the loss of their key player, North Leigh held firm until half-time.

However, Danny Payne made it 2-0 on 60 minutes and the points were made safe when Jon Clements hit No 3 eight minutes later to condemn the Millers to defeat.

  • BANBURY United fought back from a disastrous start to snatch a 2-2 draw in their Evo-Stik South League Premier Central clash at St Ives Town.

Mike Ford’s side trailed 2-0 inside the opening five minutes as Jake Newman and Danny Kelly put the hosts in charge.

Banbury reduced the deficit when Giorgio Rasulo found the net on 18 minutes.

Newman’s red card with 30 minutes remaining gave Banbury extra hope.

And Ricky Johnson was in the right place to score five minutes from time and seal a fine comeback.