BANBURY United’s 0-0 draw against Lowestoft Town on Saturday was delayed by an hour due to a medical emergency which saw the Air Ambulance land on the pitch.

Just 30 seconds had been played in the Evo-Stik South League Premier Central clash when the match referee was told to clear the pitch by the police.

A ‘serious medical incident’ had happened in one of the industrial units close to the ground, with the casualty was attended to, wheeled to the Air Ambulance and then air lifted out of the ground.

The game restarted after an hour’s delay.

Ravi Shamsi hit a post for Banbury in the 17th minute and Ricky Johnson saw a late effort cleared off the line.

But Mike Ford’s side were unable to find a winner.

Didcot Town also had an eventful match in their Division 1 Central clash at Bromsgrove Sporting.

The hosts led 3-1 at half-time when the match was abandoned due to floodlight failure.

Bromsgrove started the brighter and took the lead in the tenth minute through Richard Gregory’s strike.

It got worse for Didcot five minutes later when Craig Jones scored with a diving header from close range.

The game looked to be sealed with Bromsgrove’s third on 20 minutes, Jason Cowley lobbing Leigh Bedwell.

Luke Carnell pulled a goal back from a Greg Hackett corner, but Didcot’s hopes of a comeback were hit when Cameron McNeill was sent off just before half-time.

But just after the players had left the pitch at the interval, the floodlights failed.

They briefly came back on before one floodlight tower went out again and a short time after, the referee abandoned the match.

Thame United moved into the play-off places following a 2-1 home victory over Bedford Town.

David Lynn fired the hosts in front from a well-taken


Dan West doubled the lead, and although Paul Benson pulled one back, Thame held on.

North Leigh fell to a 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Coleshill Town.

Joe Smith and Nick Seabourne scored either side of half-time for the visitors.

Although Josh Pin ensured an entertaining end to the game by reducing the deficit, Coleshill took the three points.

Kidlington remain bottom after a 2-1 defeat at Aylesbury United.

Max Hercules put the home side ahead after just four minutes, but Josh Tooke levelled for the visitors.

Tre Mitford’s 26th-minute strike proved the winner.