NORTH Leigh continued their pre-season with a hard fought 1-0 victory at home to fellow Evo-Stik South League club Taunton Town.

Star of the show was normal outfield player Stuart Hole, who performed heroically between the posts to keep a clean sheet.

Although Taunton dominated the first half, the Millers should have taken the lead when awarded a penalty in injury time for a foul by Taunton keeper Lloyd Irish on George Seacole.

But Irish made amends by diving low to his left to save Michael Hopkins’s spot-kick.

For most of the second half, Taunton fielded two of the league’s top scorers Matthew Wright and Jordan Rogers, who notched 47 league goals between them last season, but they could not beat Hole.

Instead it was the hosts, who scored the winner in the 86th minute.

From a quick clearance, Seacole took the ball down the right flank flank and centred for Roger James to score from six yards out.

Taunton piled men forward looking for an equaliser, but the solid Millers backline, aided by Jordan Lymn and Hopkins on the flanks, held out for a win.

Didcot Town, meanwhile drew 1-1 away to Fleet Town at a wet Calthorpe Park.

The hosts took an eighth minute lead before George Jeacock levelled with a first-half penalty after Cam McNeil had been fouled.

The game also saw Sam Parish take part in the action for the first time in over two years after illness.

Kidlington came from behind to win 2-1 at home to Flackwell Heath.

The Heathens took the lead in the 24th minute after a mistake from keeper Sam Warrell.

Just before the break, Kidlington equalised.

Ben Willoughby was fouled inside the area, and with usual dead-ball expert Lewis Coyle absent, Anaclet Odhiambo fired home the resultant penalty.

The second half saw Kidlington play a more advanced game and they took the lead in the 48th minute.

Following up Odhiambo’s shot that has been parried, Harry Whitehead hammered his shot into the back for his first goal for the club.

Although Kidlington had many more chance in the second half, they could not find a third goal.

Letcombe recorded a 4-1 victory away to an Ardlington & Lockinge side containing several of their former players.

The visitors won the game in the first 15 minutes, when they scored goals through Russell Benham, Conor Lynch and Alexandre Fragata.

Letcombe missed numerous chances in the second half, before Lynch added a fourth goal five minutes from time.