BANBURY United made it four wins out of four on Saturday, but had to come from behind to retain their 100 per cent start in the South Premier.

Mike Ford’s side trailed to a 33rd-minute goal from Bishop’s Stortford’s Jason Williams, before hitting back through Jefferson Louis and Ravi Shamsi’s spectacular overhead kick to seal a 2-1 victory and stay top.

Luke Carnell headed wide for Banbury in the early stages, before Williams collected a pass from Ryan Richefond and fired past Jack Harding to put the visitors ahead.

Conor McDonagh came close to equalising almost immediately, but they did draw level moments later.

A poor pass from Richefond was intercepted by Charlie Hawtin, who played in Louis and the striker made no mistake.

Both sides had opportunities to go in front, but it was Banbury who scored the all-important third goal with 20 minutes to go.

Hawtin passed to Shamsi, and when the ball looped up, the substitute performed a sensational overhead kick to score what turned out to be the winner.

Banbury Utd: Harding, Hawtin, Peake-Pijnen, Nash, Johnson, Carnell, Westbrook, Humphreys (Shamsi 62), Louis, McDonagh (Pond 75), Winters (Bradbury 90). Subs not used: Martin, Robertson.

Seth Humphries hit a dramatic injury-time winner in Didcot Town’s 2-1 West Division win at Cirencester Town.

The hosts took the lead through Alan Griffin on 19 minutes and went on to create a number of openings on their new 3G pitch.

However, Didcot equalised with their first real chance when a Sam Elkins free-kick was not cleared and Louis Joyce fired home to equalise.

Callum McNish and George Reid both wasted good opportunities for the visitors, while at the other end Leigh Bedwell was alert to deny ex-Didcot striker Ben Whitehead.

It looked as if it would end honours even, but substitute Humphries fired in to the roof of the net following a positive run in stoppage time to seal a dramatic victory.

Didcot: Bedwell, Jeacock, McNeil, Elkins, Cattell, Learoyd, Hayden (Reid 64), McNish, Joyce (Humphries 76), Barder, Woodley (Lamptey 72). Subs not used: Ballard, Parish.

North Leigh recorded a first win after beating Salisbury Town 2-1.

Two-goal Roger James was the hero, firing home the winner with ten minutes to go as John Brough’s side saw off their fancied rivals.

The Millers almost went ahead on 18 minutes when skipper Ryan Paddock’s looping header was nodded off the line by George Colson.

But they did take the lead seven minutes later when George Seacole fed James, whose shot deflected off a defender’s boot to wrong-foot the visiting keeper.

Salisbury levelled on 65 minutes when the hosts were cut open by some neat play and Kane O’Keefe tapped in.

But the hosts hit back and won the game with ten minutes remaining.

After receiving another pass from Seacole, James saw off the attention of left back Elliot Wheeler and smashed an unstoppable right foot shot across the keeper into the far corner from 12 yards.

Salisbury pushed hard for an equaliser and thought they had levelled five minutes from time, only for the linesman’s flag to save the hosts.

North Leigh: Thompson, Keightley, Grabe, R James (Mendes 88), Wellon (D James 70), Paddock, Stevens, Wood, Seacole, Waldon, Hopkins Subs not used; Carroll, Harris, Petriaggi.

Attendance: 182.

Lewis Coyle’s missed penalty and a moment of madness from goalkeeper Sam Warrell proved crucial as Kidlington fell to a 3-2 home defeat against Bristol Manor Farm.

The visitors went ahead in the fourth minute through Kye Holly.

The hosts drew level five minutes into the second period when new signing Darius Browne scored a superb individual goal and 14 minutes from time substitute Eric Odhiambo put Kidlington 2-1 ahead from Tommy Castle’s cross.

Castle was then fouled in the area, but the normally-reliable Coyle saw his penalty saved – and it proved vital.

They levelled through Lloyd Mills in the 89th minute and then in the fifth minute of stoppage time grabbed an unlikely victory when Warrell dropped a clanger.

Instead of clearing a back pass, the goalkeeper tried to flick the ball up before booting it clear. But he lost control and substitute Troy Simpson stole in to net the winner.

Thame United went down 4-2 at Hayes & Yeading United in the East Division, despite twice going ahead.

Luke Ricketts put the visitors ahead after only two minutes, converting Dan West’s cross.

Josh Chamberlain equalised on 15 minutes, but Ricketts bagged his second midway through the half after good work from Lynton Goss.

Rowan Vine levelled just two minutes later and soon after Chamberlain put the hosts 3-2 in front.

Thame pushed forward looking for an equaliser, but the game was up with 15 minutes to go when Rohdell Gordon netted to secure the points.


South Premier: Dunstable Tn v Banbury Utd.

South League West: Didcot Tn v Kidlington.

South League East: Thame Utd v AFC Dunstable.