DAN West scored a hat-trick as Thame United earned their first home Evo-Stik South League win of the season, when beating Bedford Town 3-1.

But they were forced to do it the hard way, after conceding a sixth-minute goal in the East Division encounter.

A long ball found Dylan Gittens, who beat goalkeeper Craig Hill.

Lynton Goss fired over for Thame, before they equalised on 38 minutes.

Goss played in West, who calmly beat Bedford goalkeeper Kyle Forster.

Thame should have doubled their lead two minutes later, but Luke Ricketts skewed wide.

Hill was called into action either side of the break to prevent the visitors from retaking the lead.

And Thame went ahead on 47 minutes, when West capitalised on some hesitation in the penalty area.

Goss twice went close to making it 3-1, before West completed his hat-trick on 58 minutes with a well-struck shot from the edge of the box.

Thame Utd: Hill, Mepham, Lynn, Hercules, Harrison, Ashworth, Connelly (Dennis 73), Goss, Sturgess, West, Ricketts.

In the West Division, Didcot Town ended a four-match winless run in the league, when earning a 4-2 win at home to Yate Town.

The Railwaymen took the lead on ten minutes, George Reid’s low strike finding the net via the inside of a post.

And 70 seconds later it was 2-0 as Sam Barder scored his first goal of the season.

Yate reduced the deficit on 35 minutes through Ben Brooks.

The second half was a mirror image of the first as two quickfire goals saw Didcot lead 4-1.

Seth Humphries coolly slotted the third on 55 minutes, before Louis Joyce volleyed home 60 seconds later.

Christian Ebbutt replied with ten minutes remaining, but Didcot had done enough.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Elkins, Woodley, Hayden, Parish, Learoyd, Reid, McNish (Pin 55), Joyce (Murphy 70), Humphries (Jeacock 80), Barder. Subs not used: Ballard, Cattell.

North Leigh suffered a third successive defeat as they fell to a 1-0 loss at high-flying Taunton Town.

Millers goalkeeper Manny Agboola denied Matt Wright early on.

But the visitors fell behind on 15 minutes, when Wright was fouled in the penalty area and Ben Adelsbury fired his spot-kick into the top corner.

The home side also had a goal disallowed, while Brett Trowbridge hit a post and Adelsbury missed a second penalty.