BANBURY United extended their unbeaten run to five matches when Jack Self’s goal gave them a 1-0 victory in their Evo-Stik South League Premier Central visit to Hitchin Town.

For the first time this season the visitors fielded a changed team with newcomer Giorgio Rasulo coming in for Lewis Gabbidon.

In a low-key first half, the Puritans would have gone behind but for a great block by keeper James Goff, which denied Isaac Galliford.

At half-time, Banbury boss Mike Ford brought on Ricky Johnson for Steve Diggin and the substitute played a big part in the winner after 54 minutes

Johnson got on the end of deep cross and headed the ball across the goal for Self to nod home.

Banbury twice came close to extending their lead from dangerous crosses from Ravi Shamsi, but Lee Henderson and Johnson saw their efforts blocked.

Hitchin’s best chance came late on, but Charlie Hawtin’s goalline clearance clinched the points for the visitors

Banbury Utd: Goff, Hawtin, Ngathe, Rasulo (Bell 77), Wise, Henderson, Finch, Self (Gabbidon, 87), Diggin (Johnson HT), Shamsi, Kaziboni. Subs not used: Awadh, Macdonald.

Attendance: 375.

Aaron Woodley scored on his first start for Didcot Town as they came from behind to record a 2-1 victory at home to ten-man Cambridge City in Division 1 Central.

With a side that saw five changes from the Bank Holiday Monday’s loss, Andy Ballard’s side made their accustomed slow start.

The visitors went ahead in the eighth minute when James Hall fired low past Leigh Bedwell.

But on the half-hour, their keeper Liam Gooch was shown the red card after wrestling Morgan Williams to the ground outside the penalty area.

The visitors played defender Joe Robinson in goal for the remaining hour, but it was not until the second half that he was tested.

The Railwaymen equalised when a free-kick from Sam Barder was volleyed across goal by Adam Learoyd for Woodley to head home his first goal for the club.

The hosts snatched the points, when they were awarded a penalty for handball.

Morgan Williams made no mistake to earn Didcot their second win in two home league games.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Markham (L Williams 38), M.Woodley (McNeill 55), Alexis, Carnell, Learoyd, Gardner, McNish, AWoodley (Ballard 65), M.Williams. Subs not used: Cattell, Hayden.

Attendance: 135.

Martin Griggs scored one goal but missed a penalty as North Leigh went down 2-1 away to Barton Rovers.

Griggs put the visitors ahead after 11 minutes with a spectacular strike.

Barton levelled in the 41st minute, when a poor back pass gifted a golden opportunity to Charlie Hayford who made no mistake.

The Millers had a great chance to retake the lead in the second half when winger Noah Alabi was brought down in the area. But Grigg’s spot-kick was saved by keeper Dan Gould.

The visitors were made to pay in the 86th minute, when an own goal by Josh Pinn gifted Barton all three points.

North Leigh: Sanders, Simms, Peart, Brown, Saunders (McEachran 72), Alabi (Hughes 79), Landers, Linford-Pill (Caton 54), Pinn, Griggs, Seacole. Sub not used: Newman. Attendance: 152.

Two early strikes from Andy Gledhill gave Thame United a 2-1 win at home to Yaxley as they preserved their 100 per cent record.

Gledhill opened the scoring in the third minute and made it 2-0 four minutes later following Ben Sturgess’s superb through ball.

The visitors pulled a goal back in the 74th minute when Tom Waumsley shot past Craig Hill.

Despite the win, Thame were knocked off top spot on goal difference by Peterborough Sports, who won 4-0 at home to ten-man basement side Kidlington.

The visitors, who had Will Leach sent off in the 65th minute, lost to Josh Morehouse’s double, Lewis Hilliard’s penalty and an effort by Avelino Vieira.

Kidlington: Warrell, Brooks (Cowlishaw 60), Timms, Leach, Bott, Coleman, Willoughby (Carroll 20), Talboys, Calvin, Oddy. Sub not used: Hayward.

Attendance: 112.