EAST & West Hendred ended Witney Swifts’ unbeaten run with a thrilling two-wicket victory in Saturday’s Airey Cup Group 1 encounter.

On a day badly hit by wet weather, Hendred’s victory knocked Swifts off the top of the group after an enthralling clash.

The match was reduced to 30 overs per side, and batting first, Swifts reached 189-6 as Ashley Horne top-scored with 72 not out and Charlie Fisher hit 61.

Carl Palmer claimed 3-23 for the home side.

Conditions steadily worsened in Hendred’s reply, but they stayed out in the descending gloom.

Led by Nigel George, who hit 75 not out, the match went down to the final over, with Hendred with needing 18 to win.

George hit Redd Pratley for two sixes off the first two balls, and the game went down to the final ball.

Striving for a yorker, Pratley bowled a no-ball beamer and the game was over, Hendred running out victors.

Garsington & Cowley took over at the top of the group after a 22-run win over visitors Stonesfield.

Bilal Khan struck 50 and Uzair Ahmed 33 as Garsington set 184-9.

In reply, Stonesfield got close as Shoaib Ahmed (73) shone.

But a fine haul of 4-25 for Khurshid Khan was just enough as the visitors fell for 162.

Hanborough beat visitors Faringdon by nine wickets.

Martyn Oliver (3-18) and Jonny Ayris (3-27) combined to restrict Faringdon to 122-9, before Kieran McCall (49no) and Ayris (34) led Hanborough home at 124-1.

Tetsworth saw off visitors Wolvercote by 27 runs in a 25-over per side game.

Batting first, Tetsworth set 173-6, Rajesh Nrggie top-scoring with 54 not out and Barkat Ahmed taking 4-28.

Wolvercote put up a valiant run chase, led by James van Santen’s 38, but they closed on 146-9.

In Group 2, rain was the major player, but Stanton Harcourt dodged the showers to wrap up a four-wicket win over visitors Wootton & Boars Hill.

Wootton batted first and set 123-5, Billy Webb leading the way with 58 not out.

Harpett Singh then took 4-16 in Stanton’s reply, but Declan Wastie’s 45 saw Stanton home at 128-6.

Combe defeated visitors Marsh Gibbon by six wickets in a surprisingly high-scoring game.

Marsh Gibbon posted 211-5 despite the testing conditions, Luke Fox hitting 58 not out and Hugo Campbell-Harris 55.

Chris Thompson then struck 67 not out and Robbie Nicholson 46 not out as Combe reached 213-4.

Chipping Norton had scored

208-5 against Middleton Cheney, but with the visitors 30-0 in reply, the rain forced the players from the field.

Risinghurst made it four Telegraph Cup wins from four as they eased to an eight-wicket win over visitors Deddington to stay top in Group 1.

In a match reduced to 25 overs per side, Ali Malik claimed 3-18 in Deddington’s 78 all out, before Muzammil Rehman struck 51 not out to steer Risinghurst home at 80-2.

Witney Swifts 2nd also maintained their 100 per cent record with a seven-wicket win over Kidlington.

In 25 overs, Kidlington set 128-7, Sam Rodway hitting 52 and Steve Townsend taking 3-31.

Swifts chased down the total with seven wickets in hand and three overs to spare, Josh Bishop top-scoring with a useful 41.

Brill saw off hosts Wolvercote 2nd by four wickets.

Darren Kavanagh (4-23) and Adam Krol (4-28) helped to bowl Wolvercote out for only 91.

Krol then top-scored with 30 to steer Brill to 95-6.

Broughton & North Newington’s Don Patterson starred with 5-26 as his side saw off Freeland by 32 runs.

Freeland opted to field first, and restricted their hosts to 136-8.

The game was finely poised going into the last 20 overs, Freeland needing 90 to win with nine wickets in hand.

But Patterson and Stuart Walton (3-22) had other ideas as they ran through the order to bowl them out for 104.

In Group 2, Oxenford 2nd stayed top after a 27-run win at West Ilsley.

Chris Rainer (43) led Oxenford to 152-7 in a game reduced to 30 overs per side.

Jilash Antony then took 4-17 as the home side were restricted to 125-6.

Tetsworth 2nd stayed in touch with a three-wicket win at Marcham.

In gloomy conditions, Tetsworth bowled first and restricted their hosts to 130-9 as Paul McKay took 4-27 and Sunil Gil 3-39.

Tetsworth’s reply was led by Clifford Jacobs (47) and they reached 133-7 to secure victory.

Dorchester brushed aside hosts Steventon by eight wickets.

Dan Houseman took 4-13 in five overs as Steventon were shot out for 31 in the drizzly conditions.

Captain Adrian Redhead then batted sensibly in Dorchester’s reply, leading them home at 80-2 with 47 not out.

Steve Dixon Cup group leaders East & West Hendred 2nd fell to their first defeat as Watlington 2nd ran out 44-run winners on Saturday.

In a game reduced to 30 overs per side, Watlington batted first, and, led by Tynan Crockett (62), set a good total of 178-6.

Hendred lost an early wicket, and never really recovered, despite 37 from Dom McKenna and 35 from Ivan Mulford.

They eventually closed on 134-8.

Kidlington 2nd eased to a six-wicket victory at home to Letcombe.

Ajay Behal took 4-13 and Tony Launchbury 3-8 as Letcombe were shot out for just 71.

In reply, Kidlington lost a couple of early wickets, but Behal (21) steadied the ship and the hosts reached 72-4 in the 18th over.

The other games in the group were abandoned.

Chesterton had reached 97-1 with Jack Wells hitting 83 not out before rain forced the players off, while Steventon 2nd’s match at Hook Norton 2nd was also rained off with Hooky 64-3 chasing the visitors’ 194-6.

In the Osberton Radiators Cup, Stonesfield 2nd won a one-sided clash with visitors Kidlington 3rd by nine wickets.

Mike Phipps (4-3), Jordan Newman (3-2) and Liam Hatton (3-6) combined to skittle Kidlington out for a paltry 32, and then Stonesfield took just five overs to reach the meagre target at 33-1.

The other games in the group were abandoned, Dorchester 2nd’s game with Golden Sparrows without a ball being bowled.

Harwell were 73-3 at Fringford before the heavens opened.