Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
FLOODING: Many roads remain closed
7:20am Wednesday 12th February 2014 in News
A LARGE number of roads across Oxfordshire remained closed yesterday.
Oxfordshire County Council closed 32 roads across the county and warned people not to remove or tamper with signposts.
It said the fire service attended a number of incidents where cars had driven in to water on flooded roads.
More advice on driving in wet weather can be found at 365alive.co.uk
The closed roads included:
- Abingdon Road, Oxford from its junction with Thames Street and St Aldate’s to near the Redbridge park-and-ride site close to the Kennington roundabout
- Lower Street, Islip Road, from A329 to Drayton St Leonard s Great Brook Road, from Buckland Road to Chimney near Aston
- Grove Road, Harwell s Icknield Road, South Stoke, from Grove Road to Woodcote Road
- B4016 between Blewbury and East Hagbourne s High Street, Clifton Hampden
- B4009, between Aston Rowant and Kinston Blount s Knightsbridge Lane, Pyrton, near Watlington
- West Hagbourne – Main Street to York Street
- Road to Woodeaton – from Elsfield Road to B4027
- Pembroke Lane, Milton s Wallingford Road, North Moreton s Hithercroft Road, South Moreton, at its junction with Anchor Lane and High Street
- Old Wharf Road, Longcot s High Street, Drayton St Leonard s London Lane, Ascott-under-Wychwood, from railway station to junction with A361
- Godstow Road, Oxford, from A34 bridge near Wolvercote to bridge near Wytham
- Dry Lane, Crawley s Culham Bridge on Tolgate Road, Culham
- Weirs Lane, Oxford
- Mill Street, Islip
- Kennington Road, from its junction with Old Abingdon Road to the mini roundabout at Upper End, Kennington
- B4016 Drayton Road, Sutton Courtenay Lower Icknield Road, Chinnor